Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brazilian Roast Marinade

Scones

The first time I tried the scones was in London during an afternoon tea. These "pastries" but I was attracted by a lot, and not just going crazy because some time ago, in every possible version on most of the food blog, but because a true lover of British films (and of course British actors ;)), see bourgeois gentlemen sip a cup of steaming tea cakes accompanied by such raisins, always made me think of something magical and familiar.
A bit like pancakes. But that's another story ...



Once tasted the real scones I decided to play at home.
"Nothing could be easier-I immediately thought, just take the book on which I glimpsed and get to work!"
But it was not so easy ... with a recipe for the scones do not rise, but rose with the other knew too much yeast, in another there was still a huge amount of fats (butter and cream will-_-) .... After a long tried and tried (and tried and tried again later) I arrived in a recipe where you replace the cream with milk and scones will not rise even putting two or three packets of yeast. They come out of scones beautiful tall, dense and compact just like to be.

Scones: (for about 10 pastries)

Ingredients: 450 gr flour

00
130 grams of butter (I used butter from cream centrifuge)
2 eggs (XL) 3 small otherwise
45 g
milk 1 teaspoon baking powder 110 g
uvetta1 tablespoon sugar (optional)

Method: Soak the raisins

in hot water and liqueur of your choice (I used a cherry brandy). Sift flour with
the yeast and add the butter and sugar (if desired), working with hands until mixture is sbriccioloso.
Add the beaten eggs with milk and raisins.
Mix well, trying to mix as little as possible.
Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2 cm and cut with a pasta bowl with a diameter not less than 5 cm (if you have not, like me, you can use a glass, like that of Nutella).
Arrange on a baking tray covered with baking paper, brush with milk and bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15-17 minutes (I did 15 minutes in convection oven and the last two I gave him a blow a fan to get them color).
Cool and serve with jam (Preferably sour oranges) and mascarpone (in the absence of "clotted cream")

0 comments:

Post a Comment